Tips for Carpooling and Vanpooling
A little planning and common courtesy go a long way to ensuring a successful rideshare arrangement. For more assistance, contact MetroPool:
Phone: 1-800-FIND-RIDE (1-800-346-3743)
Here are some simple things you can do:
- Be on time to meet in the morning and after work (this applies to the driver and riders). It’s a good idea to meet at a Park & Ride lot. For more information about Park & Ride lot locations, contact MetroPool.
- Elect a person to be the contact for early morning phone calls regarding absences or delays.
- Decide on the radio station/music you'd like to listen to in advance.
- Have enough gas in the vehicle for the round-trip.
- Don't make detours for personal errands.
- Refrain from smoking unless you are all smokers or all have agreed that smoking is okay.
- Create and agree upon your own "rules of the road" right from the start.
More tips for carpooling and vanpooling